Mobile Developer, SapientRazorfish
April 2016 - Present
SapientNitro is a new breed of agency redefining storytelling for an always-on world. We’re changing the way our clients engage today’s connected consumers by uniquely creating integrated, immersive stories across brand communications, digital engagement, and omni-channel commerce.
Position: iOS Developer
Web & iOS Developer, Activity Buzz
April 2015 - November 2016
At Activity Buzz, our mission is to help our users find the best, local activity providers. Whether you are looking for dance lessons, a baseball team, or a tutor for your child, ActivityBuzz has you covered! Search for activity providers by a keyword, or explore a certain category; Look at what others are saying about a business; View details for the business and easily call them, view them on a map, or go to their website; Explore the business more through photos; Write your own review of a local business
Activity Buzz was a startup based out of Atlanta, GA with it's mission to help users find local businesses, activities, and providers for themselves and their children. I had the opportunity to help build the product from the ground up starting with the backend database, web interface, API, and iOS application. Built using Ruby on Rails as the foundation, Activity Buzz was a resource for all parents and families to help find and review local businesses.
Position: Web, Backend, & iOS Developer
Languages: Ruby (RoR), JS, HTML, CSS, Swift, Python
- Launched the first version of Activity Buzz in the summer of 2015 on the web.
- Converted a Drupal built website to a quicker, faster, more secure Ruby on Rails website over the course of a summer
- Developed and pitched the first version of the mobile iOS application
- Created the backend API using Ruby on Rails that powered the mobile iOS and Android applications
- Managed all technical backend dependencies for the application including AWS Instances, deployments, source control, etc.
Middleware Developer Co-op, Nead Werx
May 2013 - December 2014
Nead Werx is a full service software firm specializing in the development of cloud-based enterprise applications. We focus on database driven web applications that integrate natively with your existing infrastructure and business processes.
Position: Middleware Developer Co-op
- Co-op with three alternating semesters while at school (work for a semester, go back to school, work, school, work, school)
- Helped create a test suite for the web applications using PHP to test the database calls
- First introduction into the work place environment and developing for clients - learned Git, Project Management, the Agile workflow, VIM, and business best practice
Updated in December 2016 and submitted to ProductHunt in January 2017, Aww New Tab is a Google Chrome extension that replaces your new tab page with the time and an image of the user's choice - either a gorgeous photo from Unsplash or a random gif based off of the user’s input from Giphy. Aww New Tab leverages the Chrome API coupled with the Unsplash and Giphy API to randomly generate gifs and images to bring more interaction to the user's new tab. Aww New Tab is developed by me, published and live in the Chrome Webstore with over 500 daily users.