We need to be able to pass in custom parameters for debugging and local testing. Our tests currently run through Travis CI, but if a developer needs to run the tests locally, the options are not exactly the same.
- The URL for the test will be different
- The developer usually needs to debug the tests to determine why they failed
We implemented three custom parameters to help with this problem:
- Ability to pass in a custom URL
- Ability to run Chrome in a non-headless state
- Ability to have screenshots taken of failing tests
We are going to go through all of these custom parameters and learn how to implement them.